Since 2107, Shibuya Productions and SHUEISHA Inc. are sponsoring a manga creation contest as part of the Monaco Anime Game International Conferences (MAGIC) in partnership with Shibuya International.
The contest is free and open to all.
The judges of the final will select a winner and their heir apparent:
- The heir apparent will receive a certificate of participation as a finalist and their work will be published on the Shônen Jump + website.
- The winner will receive a first prize certificate and their work will be published on Shônen Jump +.
Shibuya Productions will also offer them a one month trip to Japan (including a return ticket in economy class for one person, transportation from the airport to the accommodation, accommodation in Tokyo for one person). During the trip, the winner will meet a tantô (publisher) from Shueisha, work with mangaka and get the opportunity to extend their partnership with this publisher for one extra year !
The five selected projects will present their manga to our members of the Exceptional Jury including Tite Kubo, the author of Bleach.
NB. The registration is now closed
- 30th May 2017- Registration start date; Story submission open
1st October 2017 – Last day to register
- 15th October 2017 – Final deadline for story submission;
All stories submitted after 15th October 2017 at 12:00 am CET will be rejected.
- 16th October – 30th October 2017 – Shortlist of 10 stories selected by the shortlisting panel judges
- 10th November 2017 – Announcement of the selected stories
- 10th November 2017 – 10th December 2017 – Translation of the selected 10 stories into Japanese
- 10th December 2017 – Submission to SHUEISHA Inc.
- Tuesday, 16th January 2018 – Announcement of the 5 finalists
- 24th February 2018 – Deliberations of the judges in the presence of the selected artists to determine the winner and runner-up.
Back to our 2017 winners:
We are happy and proud to announce that Hyper Shiritori by vinhnyu, MAGIC 2017 manga contest big winner is now on Shônen Jump + !
The Witcher in the City by Dhafer, The heir apparent, is also available since april.
Do you want to register ? Download Terms and Conditions HERE.
Don't forget to sign and initial them!
Sahé Cibot (Shibuya International), Yoshihisa Heishi (Shueisha), Cédric Biscay (Shibuya Productions), Shuhei Hosono (Shueisha)